Friday, March 23, 2012

Second Year, Time Passes, Best Friends

So, its been over a year since I started my blog, and still I have only one follower, one of my best friends..perhaps partially because I don't advertise even to other best friends. 
I can say whatever I have to say on Facebook, or in private emails? Right?
Not really, not when I have a lot to say and think it's important enough for more people to hear/read what I think.
Guess I better get my blog out there for those rare moments
Once again face to face with my own lack of motivation backed by the fact that I'm coming to see those rare moments as misguided ones; that my opinion matters a whit.
Once again seeing the lack of importance of my opinions and my attachment to them.
And I like that.
Some say sharing insights encourages and inspires others.
Insights are intimate gifts, pearls, that the miserly me likes to keep to myself more often than not of late. I used to think they needed to be broadcast, but not so much anymore.  I am seeing this journey as more of a singular one with every passing day. Though I still delight in gathering my rosebuds, sharing them seems to take the bloom off.  Besides, the more I try, the more I resort to cliches.
But since I do have one reader and perhaps more to follow, i want to say this about "best friends"; they can be multiple even though they are best.
The best describes the characteristics of them as friends.
Some are fair weather, some good friends, others are best.
You are few & far between, best friends,  but I think the world of each of you because of how you've been there for me, in different ways at different times, because you love me in spite of my shortcomings, because I feel safe letting you know me warts and all.

So, for now, my one follower/best friend,  that's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment